Paprika top MUFFIN - Buckwheat Chickpea flour -Gluten FreeServings: 12by Foodessa345 recipes>
Shades of orange, reddish Paprika generously coat savoury muffin dome tops. Interior textures remaining light as a gluten-free formula renders your tummy tame. Note: feel free to opt out and use the flours you're most comfortable with. The Gluten-free flours can be replaced by All-purpose and/or Whole Wheat flour...HOWEVER only for a total of 2 cups (300g) of flour. No electric mixer required. For a detailed post...refer here: http://www.foodessa.com/2016/02/paprika-top-muffin-buckwheat-chickpea.html
- .>(American / Metric measures)<
- . DRY MIX:
- . 1-1/2 cups (225g) fine Chickpea flour (Indian variety)
- . 1 cups (150g) fine Buckwheat flour
- . 1/2 cup (60g) Arrowroot starch (or Tapioca starch)
- . 2 tsps. (10ml) baking powder
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) baking soda
- . 1/8 cup (25g) granulated sugar
- . 1-1/2 tsps. (7.5ml) sea salt
- . 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) granulated garlic powder
- . 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) each dried herb: basil, marjoram, tarragon
- . > WET MIX:
- . 2 xlarge eggs
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- . 1 cup (240ml) plain yogurt (Greek style)
- . 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Tomato paste (or Ketchup)
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Dijon mustard
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) ancient grain mustard
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) apple cider vinegar
- . very generous sprinkle of Hungarian Paprika
- Pre-heat oven at 350F/180C/Gas 4... Position rack: 2nd level from the bottom of the oven. Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners. Note: oil spray will be used only right before spooning in the batter.
- . WET MIX: In a medium bowl, combine all the wet ingredients . Blend until well combined.
- . DRY MIX: In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- . ASSEMBLY: Add the wet mix into the dry ingredients. Combine until there is no appearance of flour. Do not over mix. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- . Spray a very generous spot of oil into every paper liner. Fill them evenly 3/4 of the way in order to achieve muffin dome caps.
- . Bake them for about 20 minutes in a dark muffin pan and 18 minutes in a lighter tray. Remove them from the oven and let them rest ONLY 5 minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack. Note: When ready to peel the cupcake liners, be patiently gentle.
- . Storing and re-warming: If not planning to eat the muffins within the next two days, it's best to freeze them with their paper liners up to 1 months time is fine. When re-warming the frozen muffins, keep the paper liners on. Set the oven on very low (250F/120C/Gas1) and slowly thaw and warm onto an oven tray for about 20 minutes.
- . Happy baking moments from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment