Garlic HummusPrep: 5 min Servings: 2by Amanda Natividad4 recipes>
Some recipes call for too much tahini. Others try too hard and call for red bell peppers or sun-dried tomatoes. I prefer to keep it simple: chickpeas and tahini, with lots of garlic and lemon juice. Oh, and a dash of olive oil to keep it creamy. Use it as a sandwich spread or dipping sauce.
- 1 16-ounce can chickpeas (a.k.a. garbanzo beans)
- 1/3 cup chickpea liquid
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus additional for garnish)
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 rounded teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional to taste
- Sweet paprika (for garnish)
- Strain the chickpeas but reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the chickpeas, chickpea liquid, tahini, olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 3 cloves of garlic, and salt until smooth. Add additional lemon juice, garlic and salt to taste. Garnish with a dash of olive oil and paprika. Serve with pita bread, chopped vegetables, pita chips or tortilla chips!
Leave a review or comment