PaellaPrep: 4 min Cook: 26 min Servings: 4by Walter Sandsquish25 recipes>
The Spanish rice dish, made in a microwave.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ lb. chicken, deboned and cubed
- ½ lb. shellfish, cubed (or sausage)
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup peas
- 2 tbs. butter
- ¼ tsp. garlic, powdered
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, ground
- dash saffron (or ¼ tsp. turmeric, ground)
- Cook the chicken and shellfish, covered, for six minutes at 650 watts.
- Heat the onions, peppers, and butter with 950 watts, covered, for four minutes.
- Add the rice, broth, tomatoes, peas, and seasonings to the onions, peppers, and butter, re-cover, and heat for twelve more minutes at 950 watts.
- Add the chicken and shellfish, stir and re-cover, then cook with 650 watts for four minutes.
Leave a review or comment