Glad you like it Shalina. There are more versions on our website. Happy Cooking!
Seafood PaellaPrep: 15 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 6by Pam Lynn5 recipes>
We have tried to capture something of the spirit of Spain in this seafood paella recipe - try it yourself - you won't be disappointed. And don't be put off by the number of ingredients - it's really quite simple and the results make the effort worthwhile. It should be the culmination of a whole day of relaxation, drinking, talking and eating. A labour of love, to be presented with a flourish.
- 1 Plump chicken breast - skined and boned
- 4 ozs. Chorizo - chopped
- 1lb. Medium prawns
- 2 Small squid "calamares"
- 12 ozs. Monkfish fillet in bitesize pieces
- 12 Fresh mussels
- 1 Small onion coarsly chopped
- 1 Red pepper cut into 1" dice
- 1/2 a cup of peas
- 1/4 lb. of mushrooms chopped
- 3 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 Cups of paella rice
- 1 Quart of fish and shellfish stock
- 12 Threads of saffron
- 2 Lemons cut in quarters lengthwise
- 1 Bunch of parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A 13" Traditional paella pan or "Paellera"
- Cut the chicken up into 1" dice.
- Cut the squid into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook the mussels in a little water until they open (discard any that don't open)
- Take off the half shell and reserve the mussels - add any liquid to your stock.
- Leave the shells on eight of the prawns and shell the rest.
- OK - add 2-3 tablespoons of the olive oil to your paella pan.
- Now - on a high heat - fry the onions - mushrooms and red pepper with the chicken pieces and squid - stirring frequently for about five minutes, you want them to color but not burn.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic and chorizo- stirring for two minutes.
- Then the rice - which you stir for a couple of minutes until it begins to turn opaque.
- Add a little more oil if it looks too dry.
- Remove from the heat and boil up the stock with the saffron for about ten minutes.
- Now - replace the pan on a high heat - add half the stock and give it a final stir.
- Arrange the fish and prawns in the liquid with the shell-on Prawns on top.
- Let the liquid reduce (don't stir it again) - and add the rest of the stock.
- Let the liquid reduce until there is almost none left and then remove from the heat.
- Arrange the mussels around the rim of your paellera.
- Cover the pan with a clean cloth and leave for ten minutes or so, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Cut the lemons in quarters lengthwise and arrange around the rim.
- Now - chop some parsley and sprinkle liberally on top of your Paella.
Leave a review or comment