Oven Baked Honey Chipotle RibsPrep: 10 min Cook: 3 hours Servings: 6by myra byanka510 recipes>
Use babybacks or spareribs for this easy prep recipe.
- Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1-3 tbs. chipotle slasa (sauce found in chipotles en adobo)
- 8 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple juice or cider
- 2 tbs. Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tbs. dry oregano
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 5-6 lbs. market trimmed ribs.
- Prepare the sauce by adding all ingredients together and simmering on low 30 minutes, covered.
- Let cool completely.
- Slather sauce on front and back of ribs, wrap in aluminum foil.
- After marinating several hours, heat the oven to 350 F.
- Place wrapped ribs in oven and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Babby backs will cook faster, so at this point check to see if the meat has withdrawn from the botton of the bone, leaving them exposed, by 1/3-1/2 inch.
- Continue cooking, covered, in 15 minute intervals until this has happened.
- Remove foil, brush on any extra sauce and bake 30 minutes, bone side down on a rack.
- Remove from the oven, recover, and let rest 30 minutes before serving.
Leave a review or comment