One Pan Healthy Turkey Beans and RicePrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
One Pan Healthy Turkey Beans and Rice dish is ABSOLUTELY delicious, wholesome, nutritious and simple to make!
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded or not, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite cut diced tomatoes
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can chili beans (not chili, but chili beans-undrained)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups water
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix-your favorite
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Garnish with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions, if desired.
- In medium stockpot over medium heat, add oil, onion, jalapenos and red pepper, then sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, ground turkey, salt and pepper. Cook until meat is done (165°F).
- Add rice to mixture and cook over low heat for 3 minutes, coating rice with the oils from the pan. Add all the beans, chicken stock, water and seasonings. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook on low for 20 minutes (do not peek).
- Fluff with a fork and garnish with fixings, if desired.
Leave a review or comment