Olive oil, Garlic, and Tomato PastaPrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
I like trying out different types of pasta recipes. It gives me ideas to make some of my own. Hope you enjoy this very simple and healthy recipe.
- 500g linguine or spaghetti
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tarragon leaves
- 75g Italian parmesan cheese
- Bring a large saucepan of boiling salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Cut tomatoes in half. Peel garlic and, using a mandolin or sharp knife, slice very thinly. Heat oil in a large frying pan over low heat.
- Add garlic and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until light golden. Add tomatoes, increase heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tomatoes are soft. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Add reserved cooking water and pasta to sauce, then return to medium heat.
- Cook, tossing gently, for 30 seconds or until the water and oil are emulsified.
- Divide pasta among bowls. Scatter with tarragon.
- Grate over parmesan to serve.
Leave a review or comment