Old Fashion Chicken TetrazziniPrep: 45 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 5by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
Chicken Tetrazzini has been around for many years; a good hardy and very nourishing meal for both the small and large family. It was always a delight, in my family, when my mother made this dish. I have made some changes from the original recipe, but you will delight in its taste. Legend has it that chicken Tetrazzini was created in San Francisco, named for Luisa Tetrazzini, a popular opera star in the early 20th Century
- 1 lb. Linguini ( cooked, drained,set aside)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken,
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 T.sherry
- 1 cup milk
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cans of mushrooms, drained
- 2/3 - 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 stick of butter
- 1. In a cooking pot, combine the cream of mushroom soup, the cream of celery soup, sherry, light cream, milk, water, salt and nutmeg. Heat over low heat until all is blended.
- 2. Combine with chicken and pasta.
- 3. Place all in a buttered casserole dish.
- 4. Top with mushrooms, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Dot with butter.
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered until golden brown, and sauce is bubbly. About 40 minutes.
- 5. Serve hot.
Leave a review or comment