Grilled Breast Of Chicken With Old Fashioned Sticky Rice Ca
- 5 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1/2 x Onion, finely diced (about 1/2 c.)
- 2 c. Finely diced chanterelle or possibly mushrooms
- 1 c. Short-grain brown rice
- 2 c. Chicken stock or possibly broth
- 3 x Scallions, split and finely sliced
- 1/2 c. Diced country ham
- 1 x Egg yolk
- 1/8 c. Fresh white bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. Minced parsley Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 4 x Boneless chicken breasts 5-6 oz each Oil for brushing
- 1 c. Creamy Chive Sauce, (see below)
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 2 c. Minced chicken bones, preferably necks and backs
- 1 sm Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Chopped garlic
- 1/4 c. Dry white wine or possibly vermouth
- 1 c. Chicken stock or possibly broth
- 1 c. Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Cornstarch Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Minced chives
- Heat 3 Tbsp. of the butter in a 2-quart. saucepan over medium heat. Add in the onions and mushrooms and cook for about 5 min, till the onions are softened and translucent/soft. Add in the rice and stir for 1 to 2 min till well coated with butter. Add in the stock and stir, scraping the side of the pan to make sure all the rice is incorporated. Cover the pan and raise heat to a simmer. Lower the heat and cook for 25-30 min till all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is sticky.
- Stir in the scallions, ham, egg yolk, bread crumbs, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape the rice mix into a shallow dish or possibly tray, cover with parchment or possibly waxed paper, and let cold to room temperature.
- Chill for 2 to 3 hrs till cool. Shape the cool rice mix into 4 large, oval patties, slightly larger than the chicken breasts. Lay them on a waxed paper-lined tray, cover, and chill till ready to cook.
- Prepare a charcoal or possibly gas grill or possibly preheat the broiler. Brush each chicken breast with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the breasts for 4 to 5 min on each side till cooked through. Set aside and keep hot. Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in a large saute/fry' pan. Add in the rice cakes and cook for 2 min on each side, turning them carefully, till golden. Put a rice cake in the center of each serving plate.
- Top with a grilled chicken breast. Spoon some Chive Sauce over each breast before serving.
- Creamy Chive Sauce:Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over high heat till smoky warm. Carefully add in the chicken bones and saute/fry' for 5 to 8 min, till well browned.
- Remove the bones from the pan and pour off the oil, leaving a film of oil in the pan. Lower the heat to medium and add in the onion and garlic. Saute/fry' for 2 min more, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add in the wine to the pan, raise the heat to high, and stir to deglaze the pan, being sure to scrape up any bits clinging to the pan. Add in the chicken stock. Cook for 4 to 6 min till reduced to about 2 Tbsp. Mix the cream with the cornstarch. Add in to the pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 4 to 5 min, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and strain through a fine strainer. Stir in the chives and serve right away.
- Makes about 1 c..
Leave a review or comment