Nicoise Salad Frittata
Nicoise Salad with a Latin twist. Layers of flavor and all the components of the classic and classy salad, baked into a delicious frittata and topped with a vibrant and tangy micro-greens and grape tomato ensalada. Perfect for brunch or a wonderfully elegant one skillet dinner. Viva la France and Viva la Espana! Scandelicious!!!
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 5 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and sliced on bias
- 1/2 c. kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 roasted red peppers in jar, chopped
- 12 oz. tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 12 eggs
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. tarragon
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 8 oz. micro greens
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- grated pecorino romano for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375* degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, bring salted water to a boil and parboil potatoes for about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a saute pan, melt butter and add olive oil . Over medium-high heat, Saute mushrooms, green beans, garlic and olives until beans are tender crisp-about 5 minutes.
- Next, place eggs in a bowl and whisk in onion powder, paprika, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Assembly: First, in a greased heavy skillet, layer potatoes on bottom. Second, spread peppers evenly over potatoes. Third, distribute tuna equally over peppers. Next, do the same with the sauteed vegetables. Finally, pour egg mixture carefully over vegetables.
- Bake until frittata is nicely browned and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow frittata to rest 10 minutes. While frittata is resting, toss micro greens with the vineger and a drizzling of olive oil. Season to taste.
- To serve, slice frittata and place on serving plates. Top with equal portions of salad.
- Garnish with grated pecorino romano if desired.
Leave a review or comment