Asparagus Salad With Roasted Peppers And Goat Cheese
- 2 lb medium asparagus, tough ends removed
- 2 x red bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. capers, liquid removed
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp minced tarragon or possibly dill
- 1 x garlic clove, very finely minced
- 1/2 sm red onion, finely minced salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounce soft mild goat cheese
- 12 x Nicoise or possibly Calamata olives, pitted and minced
- Shavings of parmigiano-reggiano cheese (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus till bright green and tender, about 3 min; transfer to a colander and refresh under cool water. Drain and pat dry.
- Roast the peppers directly over a gas flame or possibly under the broiler, turning, till charred all over. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let steam for 10 min. Peel the peppers and cut them into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the vinegar, capers, mustard, tarragon, garlic, and onion; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Arrange the asparagus on a serving platter. Lay the roasted pepper strips over the asparagus and drizzle with half of the vinaigrette. Crumble the goat cheese on top. Garnish with the minced olives and the parmigiano shavings and serve, passing the remaining vinaigrette at the table.
Leave a review or comment