Mutton KurmaPrep: 50 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 5by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
perfumed with pandan leaves, lemongrass and spices.
- 300g mutton
- 1 tsp turmeric (kunyit) powder
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- Mix and marinate mutton with ginger and garlic paste and turmeric powder for about 20 minutes.
- Other Ingredients
- 3 tbs of kurma powder (mix with some water for a thick paste)
- 3 medium size potatoes (cut into medium size pieces with the skin on)
- 1 large tomato (cut into 8 pieces)
- 1 large onion (cut into 8 pieces)
- 3 to 4 red chillies - slit
- 8 garlic (smashed)
- 1 lemongrass (smashed)
- 5-6 pandan (screw-pine) leaves - knock all together
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves
- Spices - 1 cinnamon, 1 anise seed, 3 cardamom & 3 cloves
- 100g yogurt
- 70g cashew nuts (grounded/blended to a smooth paste) salt to
- 6 tbsp canola oil
- Salt for taste
- In heated oil, saute onion, garlic, lemongrass and spices; just a couple of seconds.
- Tip in kurma paste.
- Stir and cook over low heat till aromatic and oil splits.
- Put in mutton, tomato, potato, red chillies, curry leaves and screw-pine leaves.
- Stir; pour 3 cups of water.
- Close with lid.
- Simmer till mutton and potatoes are soft and tender.
- Stir in yogurt, cashew nut paste and season with salt.
- Off heat and stir in coriander leaves.
Leave a review or comment