Can you say comfort food? The green chili adds a southwestern flair...
- 12 ounces ground beef chuck
- 12 ounces ground beef round
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (I lightly toast them in the oven at 350F)
- green chili - as much as you want
- Position a rack in the center of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 9x5"(8 cup)loaf pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Knead the mixture with your hands until everything is well blended. Do not overmix.
- Fill the loaf pan with the meat mixture, mounding the top.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake until the meat is firm to the touch and has shrunk from the sides of the pan. Should take about 60-75 minutes.
- Pour off the excess fat and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve
Leave a review or comment