Mom's Beef Stew
My mom is the best cook! She finally showed me how to make things like she does, and look out! My husband is the happiest man alive. Enjoy!
- 2- 3 lbs of stew meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalk of celery, chopped (I hate cooked celery, so I leave it whole.)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tblsp beef soup base
- 3-4 carrots, sliced
- 4-5 potatoes, cubed
- 4-6 cups water
- 2-3 tblsp cornstarch, depending how thick you like it
- salt & pepper
- Brown stew meat in batches, so it all gets browned.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Add the rest of the stew meat and juices.
- Add water, soup base & bay leaves.
- Add onion & celery.
- Bring it to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook 1- 1 1/2 hours on low or put in oven @ 350.
- Add potatoes & carrots, and cook 30 more minutes.
- Mix water & cornstarch & add to pot.
Leave a review or comment