Mee RebusPrep: 1 hours Cook: 40 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Mee Rebus Here's to another version of mee rebus; gravy made with dried prawns, lemongrass and sweet potatoes; topped with tofu, fried shallots, boiled egg, red chillies and garnished with coriander leaves and spring onions.
- For gravy
- To ground/blend:
- 10 dried red chillies
- 2 tbsp dried prawns
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 garlic
- 4 small shallots
- 1 lemongrass/serai
- 1 1/2 liter (15000ml) Prawn stock (either store bought if available or simmer prawns shells with water to obtain it)
- 3 medium size sweet potatoes (boil and mash)
- 1/2 tbsp powdered palm sugar
- 1/4 cup oil (for frying)
- Salt to taste
- For assembling/garnishing/topping:
- Yellow mee/noodles - blanched to soften
- 10 fresh prawns (de-vein and clean)
- Fried bean curd
- Fried shallots
- Boiled eggs
- Sliced red chillies
- Sliced green chillies
- Shredded/sliced spring onions
- Shredded/sliced coriander leaves
- Calamansi lime
- In heated oil, fry grounded ingredients till aromatic and oil splits.
- Pour in prawn stock and let it boil.
- Add sweet potatoes and season with salt.
- Stir to blend potatoes in gravy.
- Blanch prawns in gravy.
- To serve:
- Assemble noodles with garnishing/topping ingredients.
- Pour gravy over.
- Serve with calamansi lime.
Leave a review or comment