Matsu Apple, Date And Cranberry Crisp
- 3 x Matsu apple, peeled, cored, and, cut, into one inch cubes
- 1/4 c. fresh dates, minced
- 1/2 c. fresh cranberries or possibly 1/2 c. frzn cranberries
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 x lemon, grated, zest of butter, for baking dish Topping
- 1/2 c. quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/3 c. cool butter, cut into small pcs
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1 pch grnd cloves
- 1/4 c. pistachio nuts, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.In a large bowl combine all filling ingredients and toss to blend.
- Topping:In a food processor combine the oats, flour and cool butter.
- Pulse several times till mix resembles coarse meal.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add in remaining topping ingredients.
- Stir till well blended.
- Assembly:Pour apple filling into a well buttered 91/2 by 8-inch baking dish.
- Mound topping over filling, covering it completely.
- Bake for 40 to 45 min till bubbly and golden brown.
Leave a review or comment