Masala Tofu With French Beans (Kacang Buncis)Prep: 25 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
The dish is a side for rice, made with few ingredients yet stands outs for the mild dominant spicy taste.
- 1 block of white firm tofu - cut into small squares.
- 15 French beans/kacang buncis - remove strings and slice to 1/4 inch length.
- 4 shallots - chopped
- 1/4 inch ginger - chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder (any type)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves - sliced
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- In the heated oil, gently fry the tofu squares, just to brown them on both sides.
- Remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil, fry ginger, shallots and spices for 1-2 mins.
- Add curry powder and beans.
- Stir in and sprinkle some water.
- Cook till beans are softened.
- Add in tofu squares, salt and coriander leaves.
- Stir all together and remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment