Marie Biscuit CakePrep: 30 min Servings: 12by louise8 recipes>
This no cook dessert is a favourite of mine. The biscuits used are 'Morning coffee' or 'Marie biscuits'. You can also use the LU Cookies or Rich Tea Biscuits that can be bought from Amazon. I have not seen the Marie or Morning Coffee type in the US except at the PBX on an armed forces base! They have all sorts of European food! This was really popular when we were young as it was one thing we were allowed to make as it did not involve anything electric or hot! I believe the British were the first to make it - came to that assumption because of the British Biscuits used but if anyone knows the origin...please let me know!
- 200g of butter,
- 200g of caster sugar,
- five small eggs, (beaten well)
- 250g of plain chocolate,
- About 2 cups of strong coffee,
- Two packets of plain biscuits (see above).
- Melt the chocolate ( I use the microwave, checking it and stirring it until it melts. You can also use a double boiler )
- Beat the butter with the caster sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in the melted chocolate and then the eggs, one at a time.
- Dip the biscuits into the coffee
- Use a largish dish that isn't too shallow make layers of coffee-moistened biscuits alternating with layers of the chocolate cream.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- If you really want to be decadent, top with some fresh whipped cream!
- Grate some chocolate curls on top.
Leave a review or comment