Chocolate (Marble) Cheesecake
- 1¾ cups chocolate cookie crumbs (or Marie biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) cottage cheese
- ½ lb (225 g) softened cream cheese
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) powdered gelatine
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy (full fat) cream
- 2 egg whites
- 4 oz (110 g) good quality dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C). Mix crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press firmly onto base and sides of springform pan. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool.
- Whirl cottage cheese in blender until smooth. Add cream cheese and blend. Pour into mixing bowl, stir in 2/3 cup sugar and vanilla essence.
- Sprinkle gelatine over cream in small saucepan. Place over LOW heat, stirring CONTINUOUSLY until gelatine is dissolved, cool. Blend into cheese mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into cheese mixture. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Melt chocolate, butter and milk in top of double boiler (or carefully in the microwave oven). Stir until smooth and allow to cool. Add the chocolate mixture to about 1 cup of the cheese mixture and blend well.
- Pour the remaining cheese mixture into the shell. Pour chocolate mixture on top and stir with a skewer to create a marble effect. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- (Note: I double up the filling because I like quite a high cheesecake. This is really an excellent recipe, and even those people who prefer a traditional baked cheesecake will enjoy this one. It is very rich and obviously high in calories, but that is what cheesecake is all about!!! Please donât attempt to turn this into a low-fat, DIET, cheesecake â¦ ha ha)
Leave a review or comment