Margarita Shrimp Tacos
- 1 1/2 lb Shell-on Shrimp, uncooked
- 1/2 c. Tequila
- 1/2 c. Lime juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 x Clove chopped Garlic clove, or possibly more to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, or possibly less
- 2 Tbsp. Minced cilantro
- 24 x Flour tortillas, (6 or possibly 7 inches) Shredded lettuce
- 1 x Avocado, sliced, or possibly more Salsa fresca, as needed
- 1 can (15 ounce) Black beans
- 1 can (10 ounce) Corn kernels
- 1/2 c. Minced red onion
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Peel and devein shrimp, retaining tails, if you like; set aside. Combine tequila, lime juice, salt; pour over shrimp and marinate no more than 1 hour. Saute/fry chopped garlic in 1 Tbsp. oil till light brown; add in shrimp, cook and stir till done, 2 to 3 min. Add in oil as needed.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and keep hot. For each taco, fold 2 soft tortillas together; fill with shredded lettuce and Black Bean and Corn Relish. Top with shrimp, avocado slices and salsa.
- Black Bean and Corn Relish: Rinse and drain beans; drain corn, Combine beans and corn with remaining ingredients; chill to blend flavors.
- Makes about 3 c..
Leave a review or comment