Makhane Ki Phirni - Lotus Seeds Milk PuddingPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 6by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
Makhane Ki Phirni is my version of two dishes Makhana Kheer and Rice Phirni, this recipe is a fusion of both the classic dishes and it tastes divine. Makhane Ki Phirni is must have item in my menu during Navratri because many people do not eat rice while fasting and this recipe is the best option when it comes to desert.
- 1 Liter Full Cream Milk
- 1-Cup Makhana (Lotus Seeds)
- 1-Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- For Flavoring:
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Pistachios
- 1 Tsp. Saffron Strands
- 2 Tbsp Almonds
- 5 - 6 Green Cardamom
- 2 Tbsp Cashew nut
- 1 Mace (Javitri)
- 1 Tsp. Grated Nutmeg Powder
- For Garnishing:
- Organic Rose Petals
- Mix Dry Fruits (Raisins, Almonds, Cashew, Pistachio)
- In a pan heat ghee and roast Makahne for 5 minutes. Pulse in blender once to make coarse powder. Keep Aside
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned for flavoring and slightly crush with rolling pin.
- Keep aside in a bowl.
- Take milk in a heavy bottomed pan, add the flavoring mixture, sugar and boil on low flame for 10 minutes. Keep on stirring in between.
- Add crushed makahne and let the milk simmer on low flame for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes, switch off the gas and let the phirni cool down.
- Divide Phirni equally in serving bowls and on top garnish with rose petals and spoonful of mix dry fruits.
- Cover each serving bowl with cling film and keep in fridge for 2 - 3 hours.
- Serve chilled!!!
Leave a review or comment