Mackerel Fish Puttu (Shredded Fish Stir Fry)Prep: 45 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 5by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
The flavors are well balanced; smooth, light and delightful. Pair the dish with sambar, rasam and cabbage stir fried.
- 2 pieces (about 250g) Indian mackerel/tenggiri
- 1 tsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chili - sliced thinly
- 1 red chili/2 birds eye chilies - sliced thinly
- 5 shallots - sliced thinly
- 1/2 inch ginger - sliced into thin stripes
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp grated coconut
- 2-3 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- Simmer fish with enough water and turmeric till soft and tender.
- Remove, cool down and flake it up.
- Heat oil and saute chilies, shallots and ginger.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds.
- Stir and fry for another 1 min.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Continue to stir and fry to combine all the ingredients together (another 3-4 mins)
- Remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment