Lengua EstofadaPrep: 15 min Cook: 90 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
This is an exotic dish that many locals enjoy. It's ox-tongue... cooked deliciously!
- 1 kilo ox tongue
- 2 large potato, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cooking oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine(optional)
- 1 piece beef cube(optional)
- In a bowl, mix vinegar and salt. Rub tongue with mixture to remove the shiny substance then rinse well.
- In a pot, pour water and arrange tongue. Bring to boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the tongue and scrape the white surface using knife. Rinse well.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and fry tongue until brown. Drain and set aside.
- Fry potatoes. Drain and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Add tongue, 2 cups water, tomato paste, bay leaf, white wine, oyster sauce, sugar, peppercorns and salt.
- Simmer for 2 hours or until tongue is tender. Add more water if necessary.
- Adjust seasoning according to taste.
- Take out the tongue and slice 1/2 inch diagonally.
- Transfer to serving plate with fried potatoes. Pour the sauce on top before serving.
Leave a review or comment