Lemongrass anchovies in chili gravyPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Fried anchovies, red chilies, large onion, lemongrass and bouncy long beans
- 1 cup anchovies - soak for about 10 minutes and drain off excess water.
- 10 long beans -cut into 1 inch length.
- 2 tbsp dried chili paste
- 1 lemongrass - smashed/crushed
- 1 large onion - slice into rings
- 3-4 garlic - sliced/chopped
- 1 tbsp (or as per taste) calamansi lime juice
- Oil as needed
- Salt for taste
- Heat oil; fry anchovies till crispy and crunchy.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Leave about 2 tbsp of oil in the same frying pan.
- Add garlic, lemongrass and onion.
- Fry for about 1 min.
- Put in chili paste; fry till oil splits.
- Add long beans; pour lime juice and season with salt.
- Cook for a texture you prefer.
- (Note: pour a bit of water if needed)
- Lastly add fried anchovies.
- Stir to combine in and remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment