Lemon Surprise Pudding
A gorgeous melt in the mouth dessert with a lemon twist.
- 55g butter
- 115g sugar
- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 55g self raising flour
- 285ml milk
- Preheat oven at 200c
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add the lemon rind.
- Add the beaten egg yolks and seive flour,
- Gradually stir in the juice and milk. The mixture may curdle at this point but don't worry.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Fold gently into mixture.
- Stand the bowl in a baking tin a 1/3 full of water. Cook for 40-45 minutes.
Leave a review or comment