Las Vegas Recipe Guru Summerlin Tomato and Basil FrittataPrep: 60 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 8by Las Vegas Recipe Guru Summerlin14 recipes>
Many variations can be made with this recipe. Try adding sautéed zucchini, onion, garlic, mushrooms, than add spinach ad fresh herbs (oregano, parsley, basil) cooking spinach until limp; after vegetables cool, place them in bottom of greased pie plate and follow with cheeses and egg mixture. This can also be served for any meal. Makes a great brunch item. A good stainless steel or titanium omelette style cooking pan that can be placed in the oven would also work vice a glass dish. Be careful though when utliizing such pans as some brands of pans have handles that are not tolerable for an oven. Lastly, when serving don't forget the momosas:).
- 1 med. Tomato, chopped
- ¼ c. chopped, fresh basil
- 8 oz. Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
- 1 tbl. flour
- 6 eggs. beaten
- ½ c. half and half
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Toss grated cheddar with flour.
- Place in greased pie plate.
- ( Glass plate referred).
- Sprinkle grated Jack cheese over the top.
- Pour half-and-half into eggs, add Worcestershire sauce, mix well and pour over cheeses.
- Sprinkle chopped tomato and basil over egg mixture and bake 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Can be made 12 hours in advance of baking.
Leave a review or comment