Las Vegas Recipe Guru Summerlin Chicken NachosPrep: 90 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 12by Las Vegas Recipe Guru Summerlin14 recipes>
This full recipe can serve 10 to 12 very hungry people and is great for holidays and parties. I get asked a lot about the lettuce under the heat. The cheese acts as a barrier to the lettuce and protects it from the heat, but be sure to not go too much past 15 minutes and to use only fresh lettuce. You can substitute other meats, but I think the chicken works best :) This goes well with your favorite beer, or even a good Chardonnay. For a real treat, before digging in, everyone at the party hold a toast with a shot of Fireball :) Enjoy!!!!!
- 2 lb. Chicken, boneless, diced
- 1 lb. Tortilla chips
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 diced onion, purple or white
- 1 lb. Mexican Blend shredded cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz guacamole
- 8-oz salsa, any type
- Spray a half size commercial sheet pan with cooking spray. Cook chicken in sauté pan over medium heat, as an option you can season with some Mexican style seasoning, until breasts are cooked fully.
- Let cool, than dice. Spread Tortilla chips on sheet pan.
- Add chicken on top of chips.
- Add tomatoes and onions spreading them around chips.
- Then take a spoon and dab on the sour cream, guacamole, and salsa on top of the chips, spacing evenly throughout.
- Shred the lettuce with knife than top over chips. The lettuce can be heaping. (Note: substituting with pre-shredded back lettuce will not work, it will wilt.)
- After lettuce, top with cheese and place in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- When cheese is melted, it is done and ready to serve. This full recipe can serve 10 to 12 very hungry people and is good for parties.
Leave a review or comment