LamingtonsPrep: 40 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Soft, spongy and melt in the mouth cake; dipped, coated and rolled with crushed peanuts, sugar sprinkles and choc dip.
- For cake
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 80g sugar
- 30g melted butter
- 80g cake flour
- 20g corn flour (for texture)
- For choc dip
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- microwave for 1 minute and stir together.
- Alternatively, gently heat.
- Other ingredients
- Sugar sprinkles - as needed
- Crushed peanuts - as needed
- Butter a cake pan and set aside.
- Create a double boiler.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until slightly warm and foamy.
- Remove from heat and whisk to the "ribbon stage".
- Sift both types of flour over the batter and carefully fold in.
- Stream warm melted butter at this point and fold in.
- (Note: Be careful not to over fold as this would deflate the batter).
- Tip into butter pan.
- Bake at 180C for 20 mins or until cake is done.
Leave a review or comment