Lamb Chops with Mushroom & Cider-Mint GlazePrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Salad Foodie404 recipes>
Lamb chops are treat enough on our table, but we especially enjoyed them with this mint-infused mushroom sauce. When I spotted O-bone lamb chops on sale and considered my bounty of fresh garden mint, I knew the two were destined to marry! This recipe was inspired by the Longhorn Steak House, though I reverted to packaged gravy mix in lieu of the brown sauce so the glaze would more aptly be called gravy. Served with rice pilaf and garden green beans. Lip-smacking delicious!
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh mint, rough chopped. including stems. (About 2 hand-fulls if you don't have a scale)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup prepared brown sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or EVOO
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 lamb chops
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine rough-chopped mint, cider and sugar in 2-quart saucepan. Simmer until it reduces and turns almost syrup-like. Strain out mint.
- Meanwhile saute mushrooms in butter or EVOO. Stir in the brown sauce.
- Add mint syrup to mushroom brown sauce, then stir in fine chopped mint. Cover and keep warm while grilling chops.
- Salt and pepper chops to taste and grill them on both sides. Serve with prepared mushroom and cider-mint sauce.
Leave a review or comment