Lamb Chops With Romesco Sauce
- 1/2 c. minced canned plum tomatoes, liquid removed (preferably San Marzano) (125 ml)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, for frying the bread (22 ml)
- 1 slc rustic bread
- 1/4 c. skinned whole hazelnuts (60 ml)
- 1 x red pepper, roasted and peeled
- 2 clv garlic, minced
- 1 pch cayenne
- 1/3 c. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil, for the sauce (75 ml)
- 1 x salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste Squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional) Lamb Chops
- 8 med lamb chops (rib or possibly loin) Coarse salt, to taste
- Cook the tomatoes, stirring frequently, in a small saucepan over low heat till very dry, 6 to 8 min. Let cold.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat the 1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Fry the bread till golden brown on both sides. Let cold slightly. Wipe the skillet clean. In the same skillet, toast the hazelnuts till golden brown.
- Puree the roasted red pepper in a food processor. Add in the bread and the hazelnuts. Pulse till smooth. Add in the cooled tomatoes, the garlic and cayenne and pulse. With machine running, pour in the extra virgin extra virgin olive oil in a slow steady stream till sauce is smooth. Don't over-process or possibly the sauce will split. Season with salt and pepper. Add in a touch of lemon juice, if you like. Cover and set aside while you cook the lamb. (You can cook the sauce ahead. Just cover and chill and then bring it to room temperature before serving.)
- Lamb Chops:Grill chops to medium, about 4 to 5 min per side, depending on thickness. Serve with the Romesco Sauce.
- Romesco Sauce is a Spanish red pepper sauce - it's perfect to accompany grilled meats.
Leave a review or comment