Lam Mee With Sambal BelacanPrep: 30 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 3by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Exploding flavors of noodles drenched in thick gooey gravy, paired with the typical authentic spicy Malaysian sambal belacan.
- For the gravy
- 1/2 liter prawn stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn flour (mix with some water)
- Pepper for taste
- Salt for taste (only if needed)
- Others (subjective to the amount you prefer)
- Thick egg noodles (blanched)
- Kai Lan (Chinese broccoli) - blanched
- Prawns - remove head, de-vein and leave the tail on
- Fish balls
- Squids/sotong - cleaned and cut into round rings.
- 4 garlic - chopped
- 1 inch ginger - chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Sauté ginger and garlic.
- Add in seafood and fry for about 2-3 mins.
- Pour in stock and simmer.
- Meanwhile assemble noodles and kai lan in a bowl.
- When stock is heated through, add soy and oyster sauce.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Gently swirl in eggs using a chopstick.
- Pour corn flour to thicken the gravy.
- Then pour the gravy over the noodles.
- Serve with sambal belacan.
Leave a review or comment