Laksam NoodlePrep: 1 hours Cook: 30 min Servings: 3by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
"Kelantan Calling" noodle dish; fish coconut milk broth scented with Asian herbs, generously poured over noodles and topped with vegetables.
- For broth/gravy
- 200g/1 large piece Indian Mackerel/tenggiri fish
- 1 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 dried tamarind fruit/asam keping - can replace with tamarind juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- For gravy paste (blend/ground)
- 5 red chillies
- 3 birds eye chillies/cili padi (optional)
- 1 lemon grass/serai
- 5 shallots
- Others (plus, minus or as needed)
- Yee Mee noodles - rinse and drain.
- Long beans/kacang panjang
- Fish balls
- 1 torch bud ginger/bunga kantan - sliced thinly
- Simmer fish in 1/2 liter of water to cook.
- Remove fish, let is cool down and flake up (make sure all bones are carefully removed).
- Drain the fish broth and pour back into the same pot.
- Heat oil and when heated, fry the blended/grounded ingredients till aromatic.
- Pour fish broth in, stir, pour coconut milk, add tamarind and season with salt.
- Keep it simmering or simmer again before serving.
- To Serve:
- Add veggies and fish balls into broth to cook.
- Pour over noodles and garnish with torch bud.
Leave a review or comment