Knife And Fork Brisket Sandwiches
- 1 c. gravy - (to 1 1/2) (preferably from the Beer-Braised Brisket With Root Vegetables recipe)
- 16 x thick slices leftover brisket (preferably from the Beer-Braised Brisket With Root Vegetables recipe)
- 8 slc sandwich bread toasted
- 2 c. warm mashed potatoes - (to 3) Kosher salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- In large skillet, combine the gravy and brisket slices and heat over medium heat, turning the slices occasionally, till warm, about 2 to 3 min.
- Arrange the toasted bread slices on 4 plates and, using tongs, lay 2 slices of brisket over each bread slice. Top each sandwich with some of the mashed potatoes, pour over the gravy, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with knives and forks.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment