Kesari (Semolina Indian Sweet)Prep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Fragrances of ghee, nutmeg and saffron, pleasurable to the tastebuds.
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1-2 tsp saffron threads
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp almond pieces
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Heat ghee and fry almond pieces till crispy and light brown in color.
- Add raisins and continue to fry for another 2 mins.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Pour water, add sugar and saffron.
- When boiling, add semolina.
- Stir in while ensuring that semolina doesn't remain lumpy.
- Cook till it's almost dry.
- Combine the fried almond pieces and raisins.
- Continue to stir these inside.
- Pour mixture into a greased pan.
- Spread evenly and cut into pieces.
Leave a review or comment