Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pecan PiePrep: 15 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 8by Beth Roan118 recipes>
My girls love parties so we threw together a very quick Kentucky Derby party complete with hats and Chocolate Pecan Pie.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Fit piecrust into a 9" deep-dish pie plate.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, brown sugar and water in large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, butter, cornmeal, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add in 1/4 of the corn syrup mixutre.
- Whisk in remaining corn syrup mixture.
- Place pecans and chocolate chips on pie crust.
- Pour filling over pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing.
Leave a review or comment