Kari Kepala Ikan Bersama Belimbing Buluh (Fish Head Curry)Prep: 40 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
A traditional Malaysian dish with a busy combination of fishy, spicy-sour flavors, accentuated by spices and curry leaves.
- 1 tenggiri/mackerel fish head (about 700g) - clean and chop into large pieces
- 10 belimbing buluh
- 1 tsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp onion paste
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp fenugreek/halba seeds
- 2-3 sprigs curry leaves (shredded/sliced)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (optional)
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- For the curry paste (mix with some water for a thick paste)
- 1 tbsp plain chili powder
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- Rub fish with turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil and saute ginger, garlic and onion paste.
- Splatter in mustard and fenugreek seeds.
- Add curry paste and fry till oil splits
- Pour 1/2 liter of water; stir and gently drop in fish pieces.
- Simmer till fish is cooked.
- Season with salt; add belimbing and curry leaves.
- Gently stir.
- Lastly pour coconut milk.
- Stir and remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment