Kacang Buncis Goreng Belacan (French Beans With Shrimp Paste)Prep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
a typical Malaysian style; an amalgamation of chillies, belacan and fried ikan bilis/anchovies.
- 15 (or about 300g) kacang buncis/french bean - remove string and cut into 1 inch length.
- 2 tbsp ikan bilis/dried anchovies - soaked for 10 mins and drain off excess water
- Lime juice - as needed
- 1/2 tsp palm or white sugar
- Salt for taste (just a pinch)
- Oil as needed
- For the chilli paste
- 5 dried chillies
- 3 shallots
- 3 garlic
- 1/2 inch roasted belacan/shrimp paste
- blend/ground to a rough paste
- Fry anchovies in heated oil till crispy.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Leave about 2 tbsp of oil in the same wok/pan.
- Add chilli paste; fry till aromatic and oil splits.
- Put in buncis/beans.
- Stir and pour tad bit of water to cook and soften beans.
- (note; depends on the texture you prefer).
- Add fried anchovies, lime juice and salt (if needed)
- (note; belacan is salty, so please taste first)
- Give a good stir and dish out.
Leave a review or comment