Indian Yogurt SoupPrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 3by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
This soup is a delectable combination of Indian spices and the must have Indian herb; curry leaves. It’s nicely done; not too spicy, neither too sour nor astringent in taste.
- 1 large onion – thinly sliced
- 2 green chilies – cut into 3 to 4 pieces
- 1 tsp halba/fenugreek seeds
- 1 tomato – chopped
- 4 tbsp yogurt – lightly beaten
- 1 tsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- Salt for taste
- For tempering
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- 1-2 dried red chilies – snipped/cut into pieces
- 3-4 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- Add onion, chilies, fenugreek seeds, tomato, turmeric and salt in a pot.
- Pour about ½ liter of water (more if you prefer).
- Stir and simmer over low heat.
- When soup is heated through,
- Add yogurt, stir again and simmer for another 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Fry ingredients for tempering and tip over soup.
- Stir to combine in.
Leave a review or comment