Indian Beef Patties In Pitas With Cucumber Yogurt
- 1 ounce Fresh ginger root, 1" cube
- 2 lrg Garlic clove, chopped
- 3 med Jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh mint
- 1 med Onion, quartered
- 1 lb Extra lean grnd beef Salt, to taste
- 2 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1/2 sm Cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut in small dice
- 2 c. Plain lowfat yogurt
- TO PREPARE: For the patties, mince first 4 ingredients in a food processor.
- Add in the onions; pulse till chopped. Add in the grnd beef, cumin, and 1 tsp. salt; pulse to combine.
- Make the Cucumber Yogurt recipe: Mix cucmbers and yogurt in a small bowl; set aside.
- TO COOK: Heat the broiler. Divide grnd beef mix into 8 portions. Form each portion into a patty, 3 inches in diameter. Transfer patties to a broiling pan. Broil patties, turning once, till they are browned on both sides, about 6 min.
- TO SERVE: Place 2 beef patties into each pita bread. Then, spoon a portion of the Cucumber Yogurt into each Indian Beef Patty Pocket. Serve immediately.
- NOTES : A Subcontinental spin on Gyros, about as easy as hamburgers. You can substitute grnd lamb or possibly chicken for the beef in these meat patties.
- Or possibly you can substitute 1-inch cubes of lamb, chicken, fish or possibly beef for the grnd meat patties and use the remaining patty ingredients listed as a marinade for the meat or possibly fish cubes, that are then broiled.
Leave a review or comment