Hot Masala Lentil SoupPrep: 1 hours Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Chilli flakes and spices for spiciness and aroma and fresh coconut for creaminess.
- 1 cup yellow lentils - soaked in water for about 1 hour and boiled with enough water to soften.
- 1 radish - remove skin and cut into medium size pieces
- 1 (about 100g) tomato - sliced
- 5 shallots - sliced thinly
- 1 inch ginger - sliced into thin stripes
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- 2 tbsp fresh coconut - pound/blend to a smooth paste
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves - chopped
- 1/2 liter of water
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- In heated oil, fry shallots, ginger, garlic,tomato and radish.
- Fry to soften and to lightly brown radish.
- Add dhal, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
- Pour water, simmer and cook till radish and lentils becomes soft.
- Stir in chilli flakes, blended coconut and coriander leaves.
- Season with salt.
- Simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment