Homestyle Eggplant ParmigianaPrep: 15 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
This is a must try. I know so!
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven with a baking sheet inside to 375°F.
- Coat eggplant slices with beaten egg, then bread with crumbs.
- Spread oil on hot baking sheet and place eggplant slices on it in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake another 10 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 475°F.
- In an 8 x 10-inch ovenproof dish, layer pasta sauce, then eggplant, and top with cheeses.
- Repeat, finishing with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese melts and turns golden in spots, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread.
Leave a review or comment