Homemade Pumpkin Spice DoughnutsPrep: 15 min Cook: 3 min Servings: 8by Butters3 recipes>
- For the doughnuts:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can low-fat evaporated milk
- Canola oil for deep frying
- For the maple frosting:
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 T almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and butter.
- Add pumpkin puree, mix in well.
- For the dry ingredients, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- Begin to marry the pumpkin batter and alternate with the evaporated milk, folding in gently.
- Refrigerate the batter to firm for approx 1 hour before kneading.
- Turn onto a lightly floured work-surface and knead well.
- Roll to approximately Â¾'' in thickness.
- Cut with a 2Â½'' doughnut cutter. (Alternatively, cut with the small rim of any glass jar or cup and use a small bottle to cut out the hole.)
- Fry doughnuts and doughnut holes, a few at a time, until golden (approximately 1-2 minutes on each side).
- Remove using a slotted spoon or a spider and allow the excess oil to drain on paper towels.
- For the icing, whisk together all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spread over cooled doughnuts with a teaspoon (place on a wire rack over a sheet tray, if desired).
Leave a review or comment