Healthy Beef EnchiladasPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 12by Recipe Kitchen13 recipes>
Delicious Heart Healthy Beef Enchiladas
- 1/2 pound 95% lean beef
- 1 chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 1/4 large white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 cups (16 oz) fat free sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 12 high fiber tortillas
- 1/4 cup light white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 300Â°
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook brown beef over medium heat until browned. Add peppers, tomato, onion and garlic and sautÃ© until onions become translucent.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in black beans. Season with cumin, paprika, chili powder and cayenne. Add 1 cup of sour cream and mix gently. Cover and remove from heat.
- In a food processor, blend remaining cup of sour cream and avocado in food processor, until smooth. Set aside.
- Lightly coat casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon beef and bean mixture into tortillas and roll. Place enchiladas into dish, and top with avocado sauce and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.Serve with brown rice.
Leave a review or comment