Harvest Fruit Salad
- 1/2 c. Pecan halves
- 1 Tbsp. Sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Red-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Walnut oil
- 3 Tbsp. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil Salt & freshly grnd pepper
- 4 x Pears ( 1 1/2 lbs.), halved, cored, and diced
- 2 c. Red and green seedless grapes, in any combination
- 2 x Green or possibly red apples, such as Cortland, Delicious, Granny Smith, McIntosh, or possibly pippin, halved, cored, and diced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast till lightly browned and fragrant, 5 to 7 min. Remove from the oven and let cold.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sherry vinegar, red-wine vinegar, walnut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste to create a vinaigrette.
- In a salad bowl, combine the pears, grapes, apples, and pecans. Add in the vinaigrette, toss gently to coat, and serve.
- Yield: 6
Leave a review or comment