Exotic Fruit Salad
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1/4 c. orange juice pulp from 1/2 passion fruit
- 3 x mint sprigs
- 1 sm piece ginger, chopped Fruit Salad
- 2 x mangosteen
- 1 x papaya cut in half lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1 x guava
- 1 x mango, sliced lengthwise and crosswise into 1/2-inch pcs
- 2 x kiwi, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 16 x lychees, halved, pits removed
- 1/2 sm golden brown pineapple quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pcs
- 1 x starfruit, sliced
- 4 x passion fruit, pulp removed segments of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp. minced mint
- 1/2 tsp minced Thai basil
- Put lime juice, orange juice, passion fruit pulp, mint sprigs and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Let cold.
- To Assemble:Combine all the fruit in a large bowl. Toss the fruit with the Ginger-Mint Juice mix and the passion fruit pulp. Sprinkle with the minced mint and basil.
- There's nothing more refreshing than a juicy fruit salad at brunch. I was shopping in Chinatown and found some mangosteens (no relation to the mango, has segments like a tangerine) in a produce market. Mangosteens are beautiful red-skinned fruit with sweet, juicy white pulp inside. The exotic and tropical fruits may be difficult to find but this salad will taste just as good without them.
Leave a review or comment