Great recipe and not so difficult to prepare. In order to make it even tastier I added a few slices of jamon iberico de bellota - aka iberico ham or pata negra- thinly cut. Because iberico has a strong and delicious flavor you do not need much, only 50 grams or 1.8 OZ for four people added once the soup is finished.
You can buy your jamon iberico at BuyJamon.com
BuyJamon.com buy jamon iberico online and have it delivered to your door.</a>
Ham And Bean Soup
- 8 ounce cubed ham
- 1/4 c. finely-diced celery
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can Eden black soy beans
- 1/4 c. tiny-diced carrot
- 2 tsp chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp chopped garlic (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium sauce pan, brown the ham. Add in 1 c. of water and scrape glaze off bottom of pan. Add in low-sodium chicken broth.
- Drain the water from the can of beans. Add in beans to the sauce pan.
- Add in all remaining ingredients. Stir. Bring to a boil; turn down heat and simmer for at least 1 hour to bring out the flavors - the longer, the better (3+ hrs being best.)
- This recipe yields 6 servings;
Leave a review or comment