Grilled Vegetable And Chicken Salad With Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 4 x boneless skinless chicken breasts Bibb lettuce, 1 large or possibly two small heads
- 1/2 lrg red bell pepper
- 1/2 lrg yellow bell pepper
- 2 x red onions, sliced thick
- 1 x zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 12 x cherry tomatoes
- 1 x avocado, pit removed and sliced 1/3" thick
- 2 x limes, quartered
- 1 1/2 c. Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette (Recipe Below)
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. peanut oil
- 1 x lime, juiced with pulp
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1 1/4 tsp green peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin, grnd
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the marinade below for 1-2 hrs.
- About 20 min before salad time, grill the chicken and vegetables till the chicken is hard and golden (about 7 to 9 min) and the vegetables( with the exception of the avocado ) are soft and look well grilled. Allow them to rest for 10-15 min before assembling so they are still hot but definitely not warm. Once cooled down, cut the vegetables (except tomatoes) into small bite-sized pcs.
- To assemble the salad, make four small beds of Bibb lettuce on as many chilled plates and top with the minced grilled vegetables. Now carefully slice each chicken breast into 6 thin strips trying to maintain the shape of the breast, and place it on top of one of the salads. Garnish with avocado slices.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining salads. Serve with the remaining vinaigrette.
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette:Serves 8 Preparation Total: 10
- An excellent marinade as well as a dressing for your salad.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Allow to hot to room temperature before using as a marinade.
Leave a review or comment