Grilled Salmon & Butter Lettuce Salad with Pomegrante Molasses DressingPrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 2by Bob Vincent126 recipes>
This is a tasty main dish salad. The dish has Middle Eastern over tones but the the addition of avocado, enoki mushrooms and pea tendrils adds a bit of Fusion twist. Candied pecans and dried cherries add textural dimension to the tender butter lettuce. If you don't have orange muscat champagne vinegar; sherry vinegar would work fine. As for wine something fruity and light is appropriate. I opted for a Jacuzzi Family Vineyards 2009 Gilia's Vernaccia.
- 2 Tb orange muscat champagne vinegar
- 2 Tb pomegranate molasses
- 2 Tb orange juice
- 8 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 Tb honey, optional
- 2 oz pea tendrils, a couple of small handfuls
- 8 oz butter lettuce, cleaned and torn
- 2 oz enoki mushrooms, stemmed and seperated
- 1 avocado, seeded; skinned, quartered and placed in lemon water until assembly.
- 2 persimmons, skinned and cut into large chunks. I used Fuyu.
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed and stems peeled
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 oz candied pecans
- 12 oz salmon fillet; skinned and pin bones removed
- Aleppo pepper
- Preheat grill.
- Mix vinegar, pomegranate molasses, orange juice and salt in mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil in a steady stream to emulsify. Taste for seasoning. If the dressing is too tart for you add 1 Tb of honey. Set aside for service.
- Cut salmon vertically into 4 pieces. Slice each piece almost in half horiziontally. Fold and secure with toothpicks to form 4 nice fillets for grilling. See photos attached to the recipe. Season with spices.
- Grill salmon and asparagus spears for about ten minutes on high heat or until the salmon is firm and asparagus al dente.
- Add butter lettuce and pea tendrils to 2 large bowls. Pat avocado dry and add to salad. Add persimmon chunks. Place two pieces of salmon in the middle of each bowl. Add asparagus spears. Sprinkle on Feta cheese. Add candied pecans and dried cherries. Top with Enoki mushrooms. Serve dressing seperately table side. Dish is ready for service.
Leave a review or comment