Grilled Chicken-Melon SaladPrep: 30 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 6by RecipeKing54 recipes>
Grilled Chicken-Melon Salad is an easy recipe for your outdoor barbecue and grilling rotation. It is a Tex-Mex-style recipe with chopped chicken breasts, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, oranges, bell peppers and onions and a picante sauce, honey and citrus salad dressing and marinade. A delicious, citrusy, spicy, grilled chicken meal that is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low carbohydrates and Weight Watchers (5 ) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 2 cups picante sauce
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 cups diced cantaloupe
- 2 cups diced honeydew melon
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- Zest the lemon, lime and orange for zest. Then squeeze the juice from all.
- Stir picante sauce, juice and zest into a medium size bowl, reserving 1-1/4 cups for the salad dressing. Pour remaining picante sauce mixture into a shallow, non-metallic dish or gallon size resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil grill rack, set to medium-high. Place chicken on grill and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning and brushing often with the marinade. Remove chicken to a cutting board. Let chicken stand for 10 minutes. Chop chicken. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Add the honey and reserved picante sauce mixture to a large bowl and stir together.in Add the chicken, cantaloupe, honeydew and peppers; toss to coat. Serve chicken mixture on the lettuce leaves.
Leave a review or comment