Green Beans PorridgePrep: 1 hours Cook: 45 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Sweet porridge with green beans and its oh-so fragrant gula Melaka/palm sugar
- 2 cups green beans/kacang hijau - soaked in water for at least one hour and drained.
- 1/2 cup sago - soaked in water for one hour and drained.
- 3-4 pandan/screwpine leaves - knotted together.
- 1/2 cup Gula Melaka/palm sugar
- 2-3 tbsp white sugar (or as needed)
- Thick coconut milk/cream - as needed
- A pinch of salt.
- Add beans, screwpine leaves and 1 liter of water into a pot.
- Simmer till beans are 3/4 soft.
- Add sago and stir gently from time to time.
- When sago becomes translucent, add both types of sugar.
- Stir to dissolve.
- (Note: amount of water can be adjusted for the thickness of the syrup)
- Before serving, remove screwpine leaves and drizzle coconut milk on top.
Leave a review or comment